The following Land Advisory Committee positions are open for interested BON members to apply:
- One (1) – Youth position
Duty and Responsibility of the BON Land Advisory Committee:
- Assist with the development of the land administration system; and
- Advise Council and its staff on matters respecting BON land matters; and
- Recommend land laws, resolution, policies, and practices respecting BON land to the Council; and
- Hold regular and special community meetings of members to discuss land issues and make recommendations to Council on resolution of these land issues; and
- To assist in the communication of land issues between Band Members and the Council; and
- To assist in the community approvals under the Land Code; and
- Or other duties delegated by resolution or Land Code.
LAC Membership Criteria:
- At least eighteen (18) years of age; and
- Are persons committed to the vision and mission statement of the BON Lands and Resources Department; and
- Have the ability to participate in LAC deliberations; and
- Are willing to respect other LAC members, share power in the group process and be comfortable informing the community, management, and elected leadership.
Interested members, please submit a letter of interest and/or resume to the BON Lands Department, Administration Office – 1 Anishinabe Way, Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1WO or email to firstname.lastname@example.org – no later than July 10, 2020 by 4:30 p.m.
Depending on the number of applications received for each position and following previous practice of the Lands Department since 2015, an interview process may be conducted.