Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Membership Clerk. The incumbent will be responsible for the administration and upkeep of the local Indian Registry and Band List. They will participate in determining eligibility for Indian Status, issue certificates of Indian status to eligible persons, and assist in the Secure Certificate of Indian Status program as well as, work with the Membership Committee.
- Grade XII education, or its equivalent in education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of (SCIS) Secure Certificate of Indian Status.
- Good written and oral communication skills, tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Must be able to complete the required criminal record checks.
- Strong computer skills
- File and record keeping experience
- Ability to attend training off Reserve
- Obtain appointment for Commissioner of Oath.
- Complete confidentiality is essential.
- Please include 3 employer references with resume
- Willing to submit to random drug testing.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference may be given to Indigenous people and applicants are encouraged to self-declare. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 20, 2020
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
Fax to: 204.766.2021
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.