Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Job Coach. The incumbent under the direct supervision of the Brokenhead Employment & Training/Economic Development (BETED) Manager will be responsible for the implementation of employment strategies that would support BON residents seeking to improve on their employability skills which assists them in obtaining and maintaining employment. The Job Coach provides strength based and client focused services by means of one-on-one and group facilitation support, the development of action plans and/or case management activities. The Job Coach also assists with the distribution of regional and community correspondence relating to employment opportunities and assist with the completion of special projects, surveys, meetings, statistical information coaching, networking, awareness activities and promotion, assessment, referrals and assistance in the development of goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the aboriginal culture is an asset
- Patience, understanding and the ability to listen without judgment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Ability to learn and train to further develop skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Relates positively with a wide range of people and the general public
- Mature healthy lifestyle
- Effective facilitation skills, be a team player and possess strong leadership skills
- License and reliable vehicle
- Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Grade 12 education or willing to obtain
- Willing to submit to random drug testing
- Please include 3 references with resume.
Brokenhead Ojibway Nations offers a competitive compensation package. Preference may be given to Indigenous people and applicants are encouraged to self-declare. We thank all who apply and advise only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Application deadline: August 13, 2020
Submit resume & cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Brokenhead Ojibway Nation
Scanterbury, Manitoba R0E 1W0
Fax to: 204.766.2021
The Brokenhead Ojibway Nation is committed to equity in employment.
Posted August 6, 2020