Call for 3 Committee Members (CFS Advisory Committee)
Written on March 30th, 2020
Notice – CALL FOR 3 COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- 2 YOUTH BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18-29 YEARS
- 1 MEMBER OVER THE AGE OF 30
The CFS Advisory committee is currently seeking 3 new committee members to sit on the CFS advisory committee.
The Brokenhead CFS advisory committee is being created because of current legislation that was passed under Bill C-92, which allows First Nations to create and govern their own First Nations Law that will supersede the provincial CFS ACT. Gathering traditional information is crucial to this project and should come from the community. The people of Brokenhead had our own laws surrounding the sacred children of our communities before colonization, and these laws need to be regenerated and implemented to keep our children safe.
- As a committee member you can expect to spend time attending committee meetings on a monthly basis, to advise the CFS Community Engagement Manager on community related issues.
- Working together to strategize on Community Engagement sessions. Provide insight on community related issues pertaining to the current CFS systems.
- Each member will be expected to follow strict confidentiality and will be required to sign an Oath of Confidentiality and a Social Media agreement.
- Be a registered band member
- Eighteen years of age, or older
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, and ability to work as a team
- Committed to carrying out the teachings of our Ancestors within the doctrines of honor, trust, respect, courage, wisdom, love and humility.
- Speaking/ Understanding the Ojibway Language would be an asset but is not required
The term would be from March 31st 2020 to March 31st 2021.
Please send letter of interest/ Resume to The CFS Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com