Manitoba First Nations School System invites qualified candidates to apply for the following position located at Sergeant Tommy Prince School located Brokenhead Ojibway Nation for the 2020-2021 Academic Year:
This position involves the provision of safe, timely transportation for MFNSS students. Transportation may be on a daily basis, may include transportation for extra- curricular activities and may involve unscheduled transportation. This position involves work at irregular hours, split shifts, evening, and weekend work. Bus Drivers are required to follow prescribed regulations, policies and practices as determined from time to time by both the Province and the Manitoba First Nations School System (MFNSS).
Education & Experience:
• Grade 12 (or an acceptable combination of education and experience);
• Must hold a current and valid Manitoba Class Two (2) Driver’s License which includes a medical examination;
• Valid school bus driving certificate or ability to obtain;
• Five years licensed driving experience with a satisfactory driving record verified thru a Driver’s Abstract every two years:
• Thorough knowledge of regulations contained in The Highway Traffic Act relative to the operation and maintenance of school buses or willing to be trained;
• Thorough knowledge of regulations and practices as required by Manitoba Education relative to the operation and maintenance of school buses or willing to be trained;
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check & Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter stating the position(s) and school(s) applying for, along with (3) professional reference listings including a most recent employer to:
Manitoba First Nations Education Resource Centre Inc.
2-1100 Waverley Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 3X9
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 204.942.2490
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Successful candidates must provide satisfactory Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Checks. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.